Thursday, October 18, 2007

Eskimo salad son muy delicioso!



Delicious eskimo salad! Heidi, the wonderful Special Ed teacher at the school, bought me a bowl over at "corp" (the store). Here are the main components:



Mmmm, tasty! The native food is starting to grow on me, especially the beluga meat. It's like oily, thick jerky with kind of a fishy taste. Eating all of this marine mammal meat got me hungry for sushi! So I cooked up a "Shaktoolik" roll (a la Sushi Town) with shrimp, cucumber (2$), imitation crab (3.50 a pound), spicy mayo I made, and onion greens from my onions (they are trying to grow in my bedroom). It turned out a lot better than my previous attempt, but I'm still trying to copy that succulent Sushi Town in Bonney Lake, WA.



After it snowed a tiny bit, people are taking out snowmachines and racing around the village. Here's Mikey on his new ride, Polaris is the mobile of choice in these parts, though he is on a Ski-Doo, 'cause they are faster:

1 comment:

John & Sarah Wilson said...

Nice work. I am going to have to break down and buy some sushi fixins pretty soon. I havent seen a sushi restaruant yet.