Saturday, September 1, 2007

Shaktoolik X-C Fundraiser

We started a little fundraiser so we could buy some jerseys for the X-C team:

href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bPAPDQA4k9c/RtppYFNTNKI/AAAAAAAAAB8/ejfSXUhujL4/s1600-h/100_0312.JPG">

Our first fundraiser for our cross country team, a movie night! After many attempts to rig up a working contraption, I had a dvd player and projector playing Arthur and the Invisibles on the open wall space in my classroom. That's Leonard, the community activities director, taking some pictures in the foreground.



We had two-thirds of the cross country team helping out in the fundraiser--Marie and Dorinda. Here they are selling some concessions. Lisa on the far left graduated last year, and she was helping out, too! Marie is holding little Jakie and Leslie is in the front, munching on some popcorn.



Linda the principal was out in the hall taking ticket money. She's been a wonderful principal and is originally from Montana. We ended up making 150 dollars for 2 different movies--one for kids and one for teens.



And just so everyone knows, my apartment feels very "Jess" now and I have my living room set up. The Mad Max picture really gives the whole place some good feng shui!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Cool! Now I have an idea of what your school is like and some of the students! I'm glad the fundraiser went well! I love the setting of your abode...the yoga ball in the middle of everything gives it a nice relaxing atmosphere! Oh,and the Mad Max poster is a great finishing touch!