Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cold Snap and a Half

Argh! Over a month and not one day with temperatures above zero. When temperatures are around zero, the wind kicks up and leaves you with around a hundred feet of visibility. No way I am venturing out in that either. What is a man to do when he can't leave the house for such a long period of time?!!? Well, I think the answer is quite obvious...



Make burritos!!!



Make A LOT of burritos!!!



And invite people over to eat aforementioned burritos!!!! Seriously though, I did make 21 burritos today. They will keep me going for a week, at least. Mmmm, burritos. They are too hot for Leonard's tastes (pictured above), but I like them just fine. Wouldn't I get sick of burritos after eating them nonstop for a week? Of course not, because I am a MAN!!!

And by the way, -20 degrees with a wind chill factor is WAY nastier than -30 degrees in still air. I would take -30 anyday, because the wind isn't cutting into your jacket and sneaking its way up every little crevice of clothing. The North wind is greedy warmth theif, taking everything that is good and comfortable in the world. Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill

After 20 minutes looking for auroras one morning, I called it a day. When things are that bad, you just need to head inside and start making burritos.

1 comment:

John & Sarah Wilson said...

Sounds cold up there, enjoy your burritos.